EVENT STRUCTURE: You will schedule your 18 guest bartenders two at a time in 20 minute shifts from:
- 6:00 to 6:20
- 6:20 to 6:40
- 6:40 to 7:00 and so on until 8:40-9:00
- It is important to stick to this number of bartenders, scheduling them two at a time in 20 minute shifts.
- No more than two guest bartenders per 20 minute shift are permitted behind the bar at the same time.
- Generally speaking you will want to schedule your more lively bartenders during the last half of the evening.
THE DAY BEFORE YOUR EVENT:
- Remind your bartenders that they are expected to bring a bottle of wine, the other half of their raffle tickets, and the money for the raffle tickets that they sold
- Post a message in the status update of your Event Page reminding everyone to attend and to share their donation links
- Reach out to those who responded "Maybe' to the Facebook invite
THE NIGHT OF YOUR EVENT:
- Check beforehand with your venue to see if you can bring balloons or banners to decorate
- We suggest setting up a small silent auction of approximately 10 items
- You will be provided with a host table for your baskets of cheer. Please display any promotional materials for other events your organization is holding so that you can use this event to generate as much awareness about those events and initiatives
- You may bring your own tips jars. If you want to use the venue's tip jars, please bring copies of your flyer to affix to the inside of the jars facing out. This way a supporter can use the camera on their phone to scan the QR code on the flyer to make an online donation.
- You do not have the time and you do not want to go through the hassle of counting four tip jars 18 times throughout the evening. Although your bartenders will ask you to, do not count cash in the tip jars towards any contest or prize or bragging rights/special recognition. If you do then you are promoting cash- you don't want cash, you want online donations. Just count the jars once at the end of the night.
- Post several copies of your flyer around the venue. Encourage supporters to point their camera on the QR code on the flyer which will take them automatically to the donation page for your event. The average cash donation the night of the event is $5, the average online donation is $50.00